Wednesday, January 12, 2005

ACS.

Well guys, we made it to Wikipedia. Check it out, here.

I can't help but feel a sense of pride and belonging everytime I think about the school. It's weird.. a little bordering on nationalism, but on a school basis.

ACJC probably shaped who I am today, and I'm glad I'm not (really) one of those mass-produced-cookie-cutter kinda person. I'm crazy, semi-ambitious, moody, well, everything rolled into one. The school and the people accepted me (I think) for what I am, and never was I once "advised" on what I should be like and how I should change etc.

My friends and family noted a change in me. Or rather they see me as a much happier person. My brother and I are close, and I think part of it has to do with the school. We are of the same wavelength, being immersed in the same culture and all. Most people I know hate their jc life. School was a pain, but the people in it didn't make it better for them.

Which other school has a smiley in the middle of the driveway anyway? Or a swimming pool on the 2nd floor of the damn building? Does any other school fine its students for walking on the track? Oh, and which other school got 'slammed' by some minister as a 'snob'?

Hmm..

Honestly I don't feel this way to all the schools I've attended. A few of them, ok just one, are best forgotten. The pressure to become a person you don't want to be, to not speak your mind, to subject yourself to ridiculous school rules best left for a communist regime.. the list goes on.

Anyway I like my school lots.


"Come grow old with me, for the best is yet to be."



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...