Monday, February 14, 2005

Ponders.

It's Valentine's day today and I'm sitting in front of my notebook sipping juice, glancing every now and then at the clutter around me, and dateless. Unfortunately for me, this is all happening at the same time.

There's something about today that makes me feel sad. I don't like the flowers or the chocolates. I just need the company, preferably my friends. Especially after seeing countless lovey dovey couples professing their undying love and passion for each other in front of me.

That's the thing about Valentine's day. I rather spend it with friends than my bf. Spending it with bf will be so awkward.. It's like a race between other couples about whose bouquet is bigger, better and more pricey. Or who's eating at which overpriced and under-valued restaurant. Or who's spending what to get the best gift ever.

I don't like it at all. It brings out the worst in us on this supposed day of lurve.

Spending it with friends is more casual. I can eat McDonald's and still enjoy myself without sweating the bouquet/dinner/gift/program part. We can laugh ourselves silly looking at the couples around us, who are trying way too hard to outdo the couple next to them. And the couple next to the aforementioned couple.

===========================================

And I'm considering picking up tennis for a very odd reason. I want to learn it so that I can spend more time with my friends. They play tennis feverishly and in order to be with them more, I reckon I should take up the sport too. Hmm...

The thing is, Wenwei is leaving soon. He intends to work in London for a couple of years before deciding on where he wants to live. I think London has a higher chance. Anyway the last time I saw him was 3 years ago and I suspect the next time I see him will be at least another 3-4 years later. I miss him already.

Another fella I got to know through WW is Alwin. Funny guy but too bad I'm leaving for Aus soon. All the more reason I should pick up tennis and play with them. After graduation, I don't think I can be as free as I am now.

God I'm getting sappy here.

==============================================

Oh I had a dream about a certain CLASSMATE of mine now. Good grief. The teacher dream is gone and now the CLASSMATE is getting prominent. Oh man oh man.

I'm going through yet another "Jerry Maguire" phase now. Every time I watch the damn movie, I feel like I should go find a guy who will say "you complete me". And the Bruce Springsteen song will start when I get so moved and start getting teary.

Awwww.....


"You complete me."


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...