Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Paranoia 2: Attack of the Paranoids.

Just read the titles of my posts when I logged on to Blogger just now. I feel so lazy, because most of it are just quizzes! My goodness, this has become a "Get To Know Me Better Thru Quizzes" blog. Bah.

Re-read my latest entry ("Paranoia") and really, AM I PARANOID OR WHAT?!

Ok, just that I go thru "paranoia" phase every now and then when shit hits the fan. Or when shit is about to hit the fan. Whatever.

According to Dr. Hibert on The Simpsons (the episode when Homer ate fugu fish and got poisoned), people go through 5 stages when confronted with death or bad news.

------------------------------------------------------

Dr. H: Now, a little death anxiety is normal. You can expect to go through five stages. The first is denial.
Homer: No way! Because I'm not dying! [hugs Marge]
Dr. H: The second is anger.
Homer: Why you little! [steps towards Dr. H]
Dr. H: After that comes fear.
Homer: What's after fear? What's after fear? [cringes]
Dr. H: Bargaining.
Homer: Doc, you gotta get me out of this! I'll make it worth your while!
Dr. H: Finally, acceptance.
Homer: Well, we all gotta go sometime.
Dr. H: Mr. Simpson, your progress astounds me.

-- Homer learns he's going to die, "One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish"

Classic stuff. You have to watch this gem on tv.

You get the drift.

Right about now, I'm at Stage 3: Fear. Namely because I'm not making much progress on my thesis. And the results of my supplementary paper is not back yet. There was this freakin' earthquake 8.7 on the Richter this morning. Basically if I can (read: if I'm insane enough), I will shout "ARE WE GONNA DIE" at the top of my lungs at the nearest hilltop.

Oh I had a cold. It's semi-gone now but I have this cough, and once started, cannot be stopped for the next 10-15 minutes. I go into a coughing fit. It is embarassing because nothing beats coughing till your face go red and your hands are clutching your chest, hoping to make either the cough or your heart stop so this will ALL END.

Sometimes you wonder if this cough will develop into bronchitis, and whether you will be admitted to the A & E because of the embarassing cough. Once there will you be put on the waiting list till "further notice"? Don't tell me I'm exagerrating this because I once waited at the A & E for several hours because my abdominal pains were "TRIVIAL" enough and I could wait while the doctors and nurses were probably skiving or watching American Idol.

I don't know if they were watching tv... but I don't care. They made me waited for 4-5 hours before attending to me, and poked me 6 times to draw blood only to tell me in the end that a blood test was not necessary. @*#!)^$@%

OH MAN. This has nothing to do with paranoia, has it?! Once again, I've digressed so much I forgot what I intended to write about at the beginning of the post.

Good grief. Gotta get me on that ginkgo biloba supplement. Supposedly good for memory etc.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...