Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Small stuff.

People usually say "don't sweat the small stuff". However small stuffups are those that get to you eventually. All that "mini" frustrations and despair just snowball into something unimaginable. Not homicide-inducing but you tend to want to tear out your hair in clumps. This "want-to-tear-out-hair-in-clumps" period shall be known as The Blah Period.

Like my iPod shuffle earphones. It began the glorious cycle of The Blah Period. Notice the word cycle.

Small stuff builds up
--> tears out hair and stomps around in fury
--> sits in a corner to cool off and stop sulking
--> forgets about this outburst.

And this will repeat itself throughout the course of a person's lifetime.

...


Right, iPod earphones. It started when I discovered I had lost one of the black foamy earbud coverings. It is rather irritating because it's uncomfortable without the foam and I've grown quite accustomed to it.






I went all over the shops to find a replacement. Apple store, Unimac (my school's Apple outlet), major departmental stores and shopping centers. No one sells black foamy earbud coverings! What's with that? And if I do want a replacement, I have to buy the earphones to get it. My friend suggests that I steal from others but I have this thing against used foamy bits that have been inside some strangers' ears. So, no can do.

I think Apple, or Sony and all other electronic brands, might want to look into this. Making extra bucks from foamy bits is not a ridiculous idea. People lose the foamy bits all the time and charging $5 for 2 foamy bits has a high profit margin! They SHOULD look into this.

...

My notebook is giving me grief. Well, not performance wise but sticker wise. If you have a notebook, the manufacturer usually sticks 2 stickers, the Pentium sticker and the Windows sticker, at the bottom left hand corner of the notebook.






Well.... my Windows sticker was scratched by an unknown object. It now reads "Wino ws XP". That's not half as bad, until the sticker started peeling off. And it has actually fallen off and stuck itself to my left hand so many times that it's not funny anymore.

My solution: Post-it. I stick one over the stickers so that my left hand doesn't rest on the stickers directly. Cest la vie.






I know people will tell me to relax and not be so uptight about these stuff. I can't help it. I just think that after paying good money for them, they should at least last and stay in pristine condition. Stickers should not peel after 1 year. Foamy bits should not fall off so easily. Mobile phone screens should be scratch resistant. And so on, and so forth.


And is it just me, or has Blogger gone mad? Previously my blog could be reached at www.symin.blogspot.com and symin.blogspot.com . For the past few days, www.symin.blogspot.com was unreachable. The page would load and it would only display the first 3 sentences of the latest entry and that was about it. It sort of works now, but I'm not sure when it will die on me again. So, what's up with that? Any explanations?

Shall stop now before I discover more things have gone wrong.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...