Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Printing notes, Slate, Bush's speech and the war.

I'm not in the best of moods lately. Highly irritable. I'm going to grumble.

It's 5.15pm and I'm stuck in the school computing lab, printing notes. I've got them printed and they are somewhere in my house but when I do need them, they seem to have gone somewhere else. What a waste of time.

While waiting for the laser printer to churn out those goddamn notes, I'm reading Slate. I'm a faithful reader, but sometimes politics bore and irritate me. (I'm all of 23, and I'm reading politics?! I think I'm a little too serious for my own good.) It is as if the good people over at Slate has run of things to cover. Every now and then, there will be some writeup on the democrats and republicans. And how Bush's speech went.


The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
Bush's Iraq speech was great on the stakes and terrible on strategy.
By Fred Kaplan



I can tell you how it went, he screwed up. In his attempt to stir up patriotism and how the war is "justified", he messed up. Because it's all hot air, and there's no end in sight. At least not when he's the President. His approval rating has gone waaaaaay down (52% disapproval), and watching Condoleezza Rice bailing him out on Meet The Press was plain torturous. Tsk!

Everytime he talks about the war, I feel like thumping him. Please don't take me for a fool and tell me grandiose ideas on how to make the world a better place by supporting your war.

The war was about WMD and ending the terror. Show me proof of the WMD and how terror was ended, and I'll vote for the Republicans. Not that I can vote.. but I'll make sure I ask my friend to. =X Then again, I don't think he gives a hoot because he thinks most candidates are just losers.



p.s. sometimes I really wonder, do people click on the links I provide to go read the articles? If not, what's the point of adding a link?





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...