Thursday, December 01, 2005

Bastardised music.

I think I'm a very rigid person. I like things the way they are. Pure, unaltered and un-bastardised.

The same goes with music.


Seriously, I do not see the attraction of Il Divo.




Everytime the stupid advertisement comes up on tv, I just want to hurl the remote at the tv and kill the gruesome 4some.

If you want to be an opera singer, be one.
If you want to sing pop songs, sing them.

But do not mix the 2 together.


Hearing "Unbreak My Heart" - the operatic version makes my guts tie in knots, and I have to try to stop every ounce of blood from gushing out my ears with all my might.

Yes. That's how much I detest bastardised music.


Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be this hoity toity person who turns up her nose at pop music. In fact I do love all kinds of music. Jazz, rock, pop, classical and operas.

But bastardised music just doesn't cut it for me. Personally I take it as an insult to both classical and pop music lovers. Just how "Unbreak My Heart" can EVER compare to the great masters of classical music is beyond me.

The 4 dudes have great voices, I'll give them that. But really, I rather hear a rendition of "The Barber of Seville" from them than a crude remake of pop songs ANY DAY.

Don't dumb down music. Please.


Maybe it's just me.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...