Saturday, December 03, 2005

Haircut and hairstyles.

I'm thinking of changing my hairstyle.

I've been having this Aniston-ish haircut for... about 5 years now and it's getting OLD.




Now that my tertiary life is over (I think), I want a change of some sort. Something for the journey ahead.

By journey, I mean interviews, getting rejected after interviews, landing a job, plus a lifetime of deskbound job etc.


I don't think I can get a short crop. The last time I did, it was school rules and I was forced against my own will and I got a boyish cut.

I looked like a mushroom.





And that pretty much ended my social life for 4 years since I refused to go out to town in the horrendous haircut.

Yeah, I was reclusive and quiet and almost went up a mountain to become a hermit.


It was the worst of times.



I remembered my aunt telling me how appearances are NOT important and people will still warm to me once they get to know me. So a mushroom haircut is not going to do any damage to my social life.



My arse.

My self confidence sank to a new low, and being monastic in my approach to life probably didn't help in my social skills. Let's just say the first year after that hell hole was filled with awkward moments. Not to mention I was trying to grow my hair out, and it was horrible.

Everyone looks at someone for the first time based solely on appearance. If the other person looks like a hobo with dirty stringy hair, you will probably walk the other way. And if the other person looks like a ridiculous mushroom, that person is probably not one of the cool kids.


That is why the choice of a haircut is very important! Well, to me at least since I do not want to spend the rest of my late 20s in seclusion they way I did in my early teens.

Right now, I have long hair. It's half way down my back and I sort of look like a ghost when I come out of the shower or wake up with messy bed hair.

But it's good since I can wear it as a ponytail and pretend to look like I can play tennis well.




I don't really know how hair length and tennis prowess relate to each other, but yeah that's the look I'm going for.


Kirsten Dunst has great short hair, but I don't know if I can do this. Seems a little too drastic.




Or maybe Charlize Theron's haircut in Aeon Flux. Looks nice.




Despite all this thought, I have a feeling I'm just going to end up with a trim and resume Aniston-ish hairstyle for Year Number 6.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...