Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I heart Stephen Colbert and snubbing Bush in his face.

Things like this don't come by often. And I haven't been able to contain myself.

Stephen Colbert is genius. I mean, I'm hardly wrong when it comes to satire. Check this out.



Colbert Lampoons Bush at White House Correspondents Dinner -- President Not Amused?

-- By E&P Staff
Published: April 29, 2006 11:40 PM ET updated Sunday

http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002425363


Haha.. I mean, it's snubbing Bush at his own event, and Bush couldn't do jack but pretend to laugh at himself. With lines like,

"To actually sit here, at the same table with my hero, George W. Bush, to be this close to the man. I feel like I'm dreaming. Somebody pinch me. You know what? I'm a pretty sound sleeper -- that may not be enough. Somebody shoot me in the face. Is he really not here tonight? Dammit. The one guy who could have helped."

[Dick Cheney, the VP, shot this lawyer dude and got away with it. He called it an "accident". If he weren't the VP, I'm sure the lawyer dude will call it "manslaughter" or "assault". I'm no lawyer, but I sure as well don't think calling it an "accident" lets people get away with it.]


And this.

"The greatest thing about this man is he's steady. You know where he stands. He believes the same thing Wednesday that he believed on Monday, no matter what happened Tuesday."


Best of all, this.

"I believe the government that governs best is the government that governs least. And by these standards, we have set up a fabulous government in Iraq."


This is the first time I'm putting up video on this blog, and I'm proud to present something that's worth watching. It's chopped up into 3 segments, so just bear with me and trust me, it's seriously good.










It could take some time to load all the clips. =/ But believe me, it's GOLD.


In case you guys do not want to watch the video, at least read the transcript. It's comedy genius, and unparalleled wit. People should watch quality stuff like this, for e.g. The Daily Show With Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report, instead of stupid IQ-diminishing programs like American Idol.




http://dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/4/30/1441/59811



Muchos kudos to you, Colbert!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...