Monday, August 14, 2006

Retail therapy, self-denial, supermodels, Roadmap to Weight Loss 2006, songs and new haircut.

When J left the Friday before I was moping quite a bit. And by a bit, I meant the whole world was ending for me.

I met up with my friend last Saturday after slogging it out at the office. Bought a cute brown/beige summer dress to cure my blues. What better ways to cheer myself up than to eat ice-cream with TOPPINGS, and with shopping right after?



-- Mmmmmm.. ice cream. Poison to the lactose-intolerant but they are so soooo good.


Well I think a relaxing afternoon at a spa could probably top that, but oh well. When God gives you lemons, you make lemonade. I could only do light shopping and I did just that.

A light summery dress. I can go shopping in it. I can probably go for drinks it it. Heck I can almost go to work in it when I throw a jacket over. And it's for J (haha, we all know it is not), so it is worth every last penny I have.



-- Matthew Williamson Spring/Summer 2005 (Mine is way cheaper and is in no way similar to the dress above)


J bought something so much more expensive than my dress. He called, hinted and after further questioning I got the whole story. Good lord I have NEVER spent that much on 1 item before. I am starting to worry if he has gone insane from being away from me, or broke for too long. It is HIS money and if he's happy, and doesn't have to rob someone or borrow money from me because he's broke, it's all fine and dandy with me.

Guess we have another similar trait. Retail therapy. And the art of self denial.


I thought I was pushing it with the "I got this dress so I can go out with him wearing it" . I was dead wrong. The new guru of self denial has been discovered. It feels a bit like finding out who the next Dalai Lama is.

In any case someone has to be the level-headed one in this relationship! And I don't want to be that person! *Pouts*

-----------------------------------------------------

On losing weight.

J is in the Med. Socialites, models, model wannabes, beautiful people on vacation wearing clothes the size of dish cloth that barely covers anything walking EVERYWHERE. Not to mention that they appear at his workplace so very often it is not funny anymore.



-- Death!!!!



Guys, prepare to drool somemore.



-- DEATH TO THE WORLD!!!


And all I have are my jelly belly and thunder thighs.

I am so dead, aren't I?


So I'm extremely quite determined to lose a few pounds, preferably from my problem areas. I am working the early shift this week so I am pretty sure I will hit the gym and/or the pool at least 4 times this week. Well, my target is 4 times this week and chances are slim that I will actually do all that working out. Frankly speaking I am NEVER the exercise type. I will never be the gym junkie. I will exercise, lose that few pounds and ditch the running shoes as soon as I see a little result.


Yup, so that concludes My Roadmap To Weight Loss for the year of 2006.


-------------------------------------------------------

Songs

People I am running out of songs for my iPod-without-a-screen. Any suggestions? I have my Stadium Arcadium cd, Corrinne Bailey Rae and some other cds. The Peppers' CD has so many tracks, I feel a little overwhelmed to just pop it on and play it. I'm not sure if it is going to turn into something like The CD That Never Ends, but it does give me that vibe.



-- Stadium Arcadium, Red Hot Chilli Peppers


Please do not introduce me to any Chinese pop tunes because I may just shoot myself in the head. Really. I have no idea what they are singing about most of the time since they warble a lot. If people think Ashlee Simpson is bad, please tune in to any random chinese pop. You'd think Simpson is a serious contender for a Grammy.

Anyway I need songs. Heard that Snow Patrol's CD is out. Is it any good? Worth my time?


----------------------------------------------

Haircuts

Yup I had my hair cut. Long luscious locks (*snigger*) that cascade are gone and I have barely there shoulder length hair that I can't even tie up.



-- Looks a little like this. Can't see clearly but I know this much. I don't look anything like Selma Blair, and my hair is probably a wee bit shorter than hers.



What a change.



-- Team Aniston vs Team Jolie (with Mohawk Maddox)


It is not exactly a mohawk (it will never be), but hey, at least I broke out of the Jennifer Aniston 'do.




That's pretty much my life for the past week. I only do this when I run out of things to write about. That will soon change once I scour the papers for quirky news bites. Have an awesome Monday!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...