Monday, September 04, 2006

Goodbye Steve, stay away from stingrays and public education.

The world's one and only 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin has left us today at 11am (1pm Singapore time). He was diving and filming a documentary when a stingray's barb pierced his chest.

Crocodile Hunter killed in freak accident
-- 04 September 2006


http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3786517a10,00.html


Ouch.

I am not sure how that works but condolences to Terri and the kids. It is always sad to lose someone. As an outsider, I just feel for his young family.


-- Steve and Terri

Goodbye Steve, we will miss you. Even though I didn't watch your program even once.


Anyway I have speed-emailed J (is there such a thing called speed-emailed?) to avoid stingrays while diving. I think he's going to laugh at me. =X

Because my advice is as useless as... urm.. Just plain useless and ridiculous. It's like telling someone to avoid cars while walking in the city.


Anyway he was the one who got me into diving. And I was the one who was excited to see Nemo* and clan. And I was the one whose eyes were as big as plates when I saw stingrays and eels swam by us.


-- A picture of a random stingray.

Yeah, I think he should know more about the bloody ocean than I do. Nevertheless, avoid stingrays (unless they are cooked ones) and stay safe, people.


Yeah I do know I give out useless pieces of information and advice unnecessarily.


But hey, I do this because I care (about J and the chance to educate the public about the dangers of stingray is sooo hard to come by.). If I don't give a damn, I won't even bother to remind you that you need to chew before you swallow any kind of solid food. Or breathe to stay alive. You get the drift.

And I do know for a fact that I don't give a crap about some people.





* I exclaimed, "I saw Nemo!!!" the first time I saw clownfish when I went diving. J found it "ha-ha" amusing so now, clownfish = Nemo. Pretty embarassing.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...