Thursday, September 07, 2006

Queen bee, fire fighting and my love for trivia runs deep.

With the Semi-Overlord missing in action (he reports for work as and when he pleases), and his not-the-sharpest-tool-in-the-shed Protege (henceforth known as DUMB Protege)on a 3 WEEK LONG leave (back to India), I am the Queen Bee of my department for today. And I think I will be Queen Bee for quite some time.

WOOHOO!


-- Not THIS bee. Yikes.

It had been a busy morning for me. Endless phonecalls about ongoing work that the Dumb Protege conveniently forgot to tell me about while he just left everything without a care in the world for his motherland.

Farker.

Anyway with all the fire fighting done, I am left to my own devices. Loads to read on the internet, people. Loads of interesting stuff that will sap time so quickly, and before you know it, it's time to call it a day and go home.

On with intriguing, albeit useless, pieces of news. Or trivia that may come in handy for the million dollar question during one of those "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" gameshows.



I bet he wished he had read more websites like mine.


I also bet no one really knew that Armor of God PJs exist.
http://www.armorofgodpjs.com/

Salvation while you sleep! Classy.



Comes with matching headdress (for the girls) and helmet (for the boys). All PJ sets come with Armor of God Shield plushie. I bet that wards off all evil.

There is no hope for mankind.


And for all you weight conscious freaks out there, there is a list of food to HELP you burn more calories. So now, you can stop substituting food with water.

Hold the phone.

Ice Water -

High water intake reduces fat deposits and rids the body of toxins. Simply drinking eight 16 oz. glasses of water throughout the day, cooled to 40 Fahrenheit, will burn 200 calories; that's equivalent to running 3 miles! Ice water will burn more calories since your metabolism will increase to warm the water to body temperature. It is also very effective for reducing cravings. If you're not a water fan, we suggest you experiment with purified, spring or reverse osmosis water. If you're still not convinced, add a little juice for flavor. Don't drink Ice Water with meals as it dilutes digestive enzymes. A little warm water or herb tea is a good choice then.

But still, keep eating. I don't want all of you to go Nicole Ritchie on me.

----------------------------------------------------

These sites are sooooo good, I'm linking 'em.

I am hooked on Dilbert. Again.


-- You are so witty.

(I realise Scott Adams are so alike and yet so different. We both write off the top of our heads, clearly in the "things that go on in my head" manner, and yet I am as untalented as stale cheese and I do not have a successful comic strip going for me. Feck.

So alike, yet so different. Indeed.)


Discover.com

It has stuff you never knew about. It has SCIENCE to prove that they are not bullshitting and they ACTUALLY know what they are talking about. Different fields of science. Something for everyone. And none of that "intelligent crap". I like that.




Why We Get Diseases Other Primates Don't
New research might explain why HIV kills only humans and why the clinical test of TGN1412 almost killed six Brits.

-- By JR Minkel

DISCOVER Vol. 27 No. 09 | September 2006 | Medicine

Link


20 Things You Didn't Know About... Death
Newsflash: we're all going to die. But here are 20 things you didn't know about kicking the bucket.

-- By LeeAundra Temescu

DISCOVER Vol. 27 No. 09 | September 2006

Link


Will We Ever Clone a Caveman?
The first complete Neanderthal skeleton shows how our species has evolved.

-- By Anne Casselman

DISCOVER Vol. 27 No. 09 | September 2006 | Ancient Life

Link


The Extreme Sport of Origami
A physicist's computer program speeds the creation of stupefyingly complex paper sculptures.

-- By Jennifer Kahn

DISCOVER Vol. 27 No. 07 | July 2006

Link


-- THAT'S origami!??!

Bet you didn't know origami is THAT difficult.


Need to go BACK to work. Dum dee doo.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...