Sunday, July 22, 2007

Travelog: Gold Coast - Family.

I flew to Brisbane to visit J and his family about 3 weeks ago. It was a well-earned vacation.

I had the honor of meeting the entire clan (!) when they popped over on Sunday evening. I was prepared for J's 2 little sisters to swing by because they forgot the keys, only to be greeted with hugs, kisses and flowers by the entire family. Including Nanna who stays in another apartment block next to ours. She walked over just to meet this strange girl. Wow.

-- Pretty lilies!

J's family has been incredibly nice to me. I was all stressed out because crashing a family dinner is not exactly my forte. It turned out well after all. Nanna even cooked us the family's traditional oxtail pasta one evening.

And I didn't even bring a bottle of wine. Faux pas 1, me the freeloader 0.

I guess it's ok, since I'm apparently the adopted sister now. If that is not enough to set me panicking, I don't know what will.

[Actually lots of things send me panicking so... let's not get into the technical details.]


We stay near everything. Beach, food, shopping, Boost juice, family, family's workplaces/schools.

[The paragraph is in present tense. J STILL stays next to everything. I hope I get to stay there more often so I will keep it in present tense to further fuel my enthusiasm.]

This is J's place.


J doing his own thing at home. I was watching tv and just lazing around the house. Woohoo!
-- Check out the flowers I got!


That's all my shopping. All done in a day at Pacific Fair.


Those are our shoes for just 1 week. Just the 2 of us. Guess the old and new.


Just how many pairs of shoes do you need when you live next to the beach in winter? For just one week? It is a bit insane, since I bought more flip flops than shown in the photo. Yikes.

I have 2 feet, so sometimes I totally wonder why I need to buy that many pair of shoes. Unless I sprout a few more pairs of feet, I should stop investing in footwear.

Surfers Paradise is touristy, but very beautiful. It is not a big city, so there isn't that much traffic unless you head towards Brisbane on the M1 during peak hours. It is the kind of place where you just want to kick back and unwind. It makes you think, what's the rush anyway, since it will be done eventually.

When you have something so beautiful, you subconsciously stop to smell the roses.

Clear blue skies.


Beach adjacent.


We have Red Rooster, right next to Wendy's and Maccas.

-- An Aussie institution.

I miss the blue skies the most. You don't get sky as clear as this in Singapore. It is so breathtakingly beautiful that it never fails to fill me with awe and cheer me up.

That, and the beautiful beach that stretches as far as the eye can see.

Honestly, how can anyone be NOT happy living in paradise (on earth)?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...