Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Unromantic, Jeux d'Enfant, teddies, and what is love.

I was recently labelled as the most unromantic girl ever known. Just because I found it hilarious that a guy who lost his memory mistook a piglet as the love of his life.

[Honestly how that could strike as a romantic gesture is way beyond me. Also, who came up with such a lame script? And is the production firm so blind to actually fund this junk??]


-- Jeux d'Enfant

Personally that's what I find romantic.

I mean, not the peeing in public. You have to watch the whole movie to get it.

I don't find cheesy lines and stupid gestures such as bear bouquet (or is it a bouquet of bears?) romantic. It just reeks of consumerism and what the hell is she going to do with that many tiny teddies??

-- "Roses are red, violets are blue. Teddies are stupid and so are you"

Nothing against teddies because I do love mine. But a bouquet?? Overkill. Too much of something good is never going to work. Unless the recipient is 12.

I think I believe in romance and all the lovely gestures that come with it. I think growing old together, sorting candy and still remembering the little things they did when they were young is awfully sweet.



Isn't this romantic?

But I was corrected. Apparently this is love, not a romantic act. Being romantic = flowers, dinner, all that "open the door for the girl" chivalry crap. Is that right?

I always thought love is a feeling, "all is right in the world and there's nowhere else I rather be" feeling of immense joy and bliss. It can strike you even when your partner is sleeping in some god awful position and snoring like Homer with sinus problems, and you would still smile and be very happy.




What exactly is love, and what makes a gesture romantic?





2 comments:

teapot said...

I don't get it, why don't they just climb up or call for help? Wouldn't make more sense to live a happy and meaningful life full of love outside a slob of concrete? I suppose I should watch the entire movie to understand but I really dislike the French take on love. It's hopelessly simplistic and crude. Love is meant to be painful, torturous and if you're lucky, true. But the frenchies make it look so raw and practice it so nonchalantly.

It seems love is as cheap as wine in France. Don't correct me if i'm wrong, I would like to hold my misinformed view on this matter until some hot french chick shows me otherwise.

Meanwhile, i think this quote sums up love pretty nicely:
"Sometimes me think what is love, and then me think love is what last cookie is for. Me give up the last cookie for you." Cookie Monster

Rach said...

"Sometimes me think what is love, and then me think love is what last cookie is for. Me give up the last cookie for you."
-- Cookie Monster

Wow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...