Thursday, September 27, 2007

Knocked up, married life, big baby and Alien.

I am terrified of child birth. Even more so after watching "Knocked Up".


I got the movie on DVD (just don't ask my how I got it because it may get me into trouble with all the legal eagles) and J and I spent a quiet evening at home, watching what must be one of the funniest movies this year.

[Blades of Glory totally had me in stitches. Can't wait to catch Balls of Glory. I mean, Christopher Walker as a tyrant dressed up in a vampire cloak with Asian motifs who is simply nuts about ping pong. That has gotta be funny. Plus the word 'ping pong' is way funnier than 'table tennis'.]


[Yes I'm really immature like that.]

Evidently "Knocked Up" is not just a senseless comedy that pokes fun at a woman's predicament. What would you do if you have to choose between your bright future and the baby you are carrying whose father you hardly know? And Paul Rudd is excellent.

Pete (played by Paul Rudd): Marriage is like a tense, unfunny version of Everybody Loves Raymond, only it doesn't last 22 minutes. It lasts forever.

I guess married life is just different from what everyone expected it to be.

[I can't get the picture of Paul Rudd grinning while Alicia Silverstone compared Hamlet to Mel Gibson. Guess the movie.]

J was extremely amused to see me cringe throughout the movie. I mean, who wouldn't if she had to witness a hot girl knocked up by a bum who is chubby, hairy and almost always high as a kite?


My god, I will bawl my eyes out if I'm pregnant by him.

[Ok, he's not gorgeous but he's cute in that very weird way.]

While I am quivering in fear from the sheer thought of child birth, some people have no qualms about having babies. All 12 of them.



Mom births her 12th baby — 17-pound Nadia
Siberian woman unaware of newborn’s weight until Caesarean section

-- Reuters Updated: 2:58 p.m. ET Sept. 26, 2007
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20995289/wid/11915773?GT1=10412

My god, woman. How on earth did she walk around incubating a 17 pound baby in her belly?? Didn't it feel like THAT alien scene when a gruesome spawn was kicking and stretching the woman's belly?

Sheer horror.

I mean, it took me a long long time to get my head around the whole marriage bit. I'm scared that I would 'eff-ed it all up. [Does anyone share this fear too?] And babies are on a whole new level that I'm not going to get into till.. I absolutely have to.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...