Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Blogger, 4 Weddings, bonking and dvd boxset.

I finished my post on "Four Weddings and a Funeral", saved it as draft and Blogger has fugged it all up to hell again. The entire post was lost.

I am re-writing the entire post again from memory, and this time I can't help it if a post on a warm fuzzy movie is laced with anger and rage. Can you imagine, I have to find all those pictures and links to websites again?

F#@K.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Watched "Four Weddings and a Funeral" for the second time and I must say that it was thoroughly enjoyable. Classic British humour and wit. Plus, Kristin Scott Thomas was excellent.



The movie was a little different though. I don’t remember seeing people bonking each other that much, no blown up dolls and that comparison of bonking and table tennis. Probably because I watched it on telly and the censorship people cut all these scenes.

It was probably for the better as well, since my 14 year old mind would be too traumatised if I watched that newlyweds quickie scene. “Why is he making so much noise like a choking seagull?” does not a good question make.

For the entire movie, I love Fiona the best.

Fiona: Discussing the first time one performs a wedding It's rather like the first time one has sex, I suppose.
Father Gerald: I suppose so.
Fiona: Only not as messy, and far less cause for condoms.

At the second wedding Mrs. Beaumont: Are you married?
Fiona: No.
Mrs. Beaumont: Are you a lesbian?
Fiona: Good lord! What makes you ask that?
Mrs. Beaumont: Well, it is one of the possibilites for unmarried girls nowadays, and it's rather more interesting than saying, "Oh dear, never met the right chap," eh?
Fiona: Quite right. Why be dull?
Mrs. Beaumont: Thank you.
pause
Fiona: The truth is... well, the truth is, I have met the right person, and he's not in love with me, and until I stop loving him, no one else really has a chance.
Mrs. Beaumont: Oh, what a shame.
Fiona: Yes, isn't it?
another pause
Fiona: I was a lesbian once at school, but only for about fifteen minutes.


Bravo, Fiona. Bravo.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Four_Weddings_And_A_Funeral

On a side note, do Brits really bonk that much? I mean, people got it on under a table at a wedding reception! Not choosy? Good lovers? Shite.

All the witty banter aside, this is a movie about friendship, love and loss. And perhaps a more romantic approach to long term relationships that do not need the institution of marriage. Carrie actually said “I do” to not marrying Charlie but spend the rest of her life with him. De facto.

It is after all, a movie. I am resisting this “let’s not get married but still have a married life” thing. What is it about enjoying the whole married lifestyle, companionship and basically the entire works, but denying just one certificate of making the women their lawfully wedded wives? I like to think of that paper as security.

Anyhoo, I feel like watching Love Actually again. Can’t remember how many times I have watched it. More than twice and 10 is certainly a possibility. Just wonderful.



He picked up Portugese, spoke it in all its broken glory in front of all those people and he got the girl! *swoon* It is one of my favourite short story. Jamie and Aurelia.

[I can make J learn Mandarin, can't I? Hmmmmm... food for thought.]


Can someone tell me where I can find this boxset?



I am such a sucker for these movies.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...