Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sun, Super Mario, Wii, Square Enix and soundtracks.

It is a rather slow day at the office. There are the usual emails to reply and silly users with "problems". Of course there is an issue, discovered yesterday.

Something about "soft errors from Memory Module" that "trigger page retire". And it is caused by the cosmic rays emitted from the sun (the celestial body). The funny thing? Cosmic rays emitted from the sun is causing damage to the RAM in Sun server. Sun killing Sun, geddit? Ok never mind.

Who knew?? It will be awesome to watch the manager explain that to the client. No one will ever buy it, even though it is true.

I am bored, people. There is no new games for my PS2 and I am still unsure about getting a PS3 or Wii. Why buy another console when there is no good games out there? I want a fantastic groundbreaking game to come along, sweep me off my feet and turn me into a drooling fool to turn in my credit card for a console so I can spend all day and night playing it.

Like Final Fantasy X did.

Xbox 360 has Halo 3.



PS3 has.. Final Fantasy XIII so my best bet to get a PS3 is 2008 or 2009 when the English version is released. I am done with getting the first version of the game in Japanese and stumbling all over the game because I can't understand jack about all that dialogue and missions in Japanese.

-- Character from Final Fantasy XIII

Wii has.. nothing much. Except for interactive stuff with graphics that are not as impressive. It has Mario though. Awesome.



Wordly wisdom from 'Super Paper Mario'
First Mario title for the Wii delivers sweet, smart gameplay
-- By Winda Benedetti, MSNBC contributor
Updated: 6:24 p.m. ET April 27, 2007


http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18356121/


There are a few things that make a game a cult classic. You need an engaging storyline (especially if it is a RPG) that players can accept, a sound battle system, awesome graphics and an impressive soundtrack.

From One Winged Angel - Final Fantasy VII


Sephiroth rocks!



The soundtrack is marvellous. I dare say it is the classical of our time. And it was written for a game almost 10 years ago!



My god, I do swoon everytime I hear Aerith's Theme from Final Fantasy VII.

And To Zanarkand from Final Fantasy X. From 2:50min onwards, no no... from the beginning, it's just.. wow.



Can someone buy me the cd for the orchestral performance? It makes me tear up. CD, please.

I am not sure how a game can succeed without all the components. Super Mario Brothers back in the 90s did not have much of a storyline but with a few simple jumps, King Koopa and a soundtrack that was so unmistakable, my generation loved it. We still do.

If you take out the battle system and replace it with a complicated "Press A while rotating L3 in a semi circle clockwise, punch X + O + X + X and then pull L1 and L2 triggers together immediately not a second later" button mashing just to do a simple trick, good luck selling the game.

I hate the stupid active dimension battle (ADB) system on Final Fantasy 12.



[What the f#@k, Square Enix? Are you mocking my support and love for you? FF12 took you guys ages and how did you repay my patience and support? You released versions after versions, special, international, commemorative, platinum and whatnot. And where are the gils? All your gils are belong to me so you better put them back in FF13.

And Kingdom Hearts 2. Again with the stupid versions. Do I have to buy the game 6 times or what? I don't even want to go into the "Let's press X to practise our jumps" dialog.]

I am going to try to calm down and listen to the soundtracks, and maybe work. J is at port today, at Trinity Wharf in Cairns right next to the clock tower. Maybe I should discuss the "PS3 or Wii" question with him.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...