Sunday, April 06, 2008

Water cooler and marriage.

I suspect there is something in the water. Especially the water cooler in my office.

-- "Say, you are single aren't you?"


Because 2 of my friends at work proposed this week. Oh. My. God.

People are proposing everywhere and scouting for reception locations, getting price quotes, what kind of cake they are getting, guest lists and dates and stuff.

-- "I said, shoes at the door!"

[Fear not, because I've already got 2 locations in my head. Nicely done, Rach. =D ]

I feel happy for them, after all they have decided they want to spend the rest of their lives with their better other halves and it's a brave step for them.

[What's with calling the other person the "better" half? Does that mean your significant other is better than you? Better than what/who/when? I don't get it.]

I don't feel left out. Yes I am older than they are but I don't think that's a good enough reason for me to get hitched before they do. Since when do we marry, in an ascending order of age?

-- You go first.

I find myself wondering if I would say yes now. Is that a bad sign?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...