Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I miss Sydney.

I miss my life in Sydney.

This blog was started during my uni days. I used to update this space fervently. School, friends, interesting sights, weird things and of course love and life. I remember the first time I had to do laundry, and it was absolutely mind boggling because I didn't know what each dial and button did.

This space witnessed my various 'culinary' triumphs.

My sweet corn and cherry tomato salad found the one and only audience in me.



My lamb, barley and swede soup.



And a whole lot on my shopping victories.

I miss the little cafes along Neutral Bay, especially Uniside Cafe in Kensington where the nice lady always saved me a croissant. I miss having drinks at Opera Bar with a few friends under the illuminated Opera House.



And of course my mini birthday party at Lowenbrau, a German restaurant with dancing and mango beer. Complete with lederhosen.

We had a blast.

I went to the Blue Mountains and saw the Three Sisters.



I lazed on Coogee Beach with Jojo.



Original babyback ribs with friends at Hurricane. With bibs around our necks.


And the potluck + barbeque with Mingie and Jojo and friends. Friends, food on the barbie (kebabs!) and ice cold beer in Spring are one of the greatest combos Australia has taught me.

I also met J in Australia, who has become a integral part of my life.

It was the best times of my life.

What I wouldn't give to go back to Sydney with the gang. I wonder if everyone feels the same way.


3 comments:

Sleepy Scott said...

Wow! The Blue Mountains sure look pretty. Coogee Beach looks nice too.

Rach said...

Sydney is beautiful.

If my old 2 megapixel camera could make them look that pretty, imagine how good they look in real life.

thanks for dropping by. =)

Mel said...

I left my heart in Sydney...not enough words to say how much I miss Sydney.

Carmelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...