Friday, May 23, 2008

Things that piss me off - Part 1.

Sometimes I remember why I continue to drive even though it’s so goddamn expensive.


  • Every week there’s a new high in oil prices. (Honestly wtf, people?!)

    The price of oil should be ``somewhere between $35 and $65 a barrel,'' John Hofmeister, president of Shell Oil Co., the Houston-based subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell, said at the hearing yesterday. Other executives said prices should be as much as $90 a barrel.
    -- http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601082&sid=a_GLOk1M9aws&refer=canada
  • Everyday I read about inflation fears and people selling things to pay bills.
  • Everyday there are articles about how things like orange juice goes up by another $1 or some companies announcing cutting hundreds of jobs.

That’s on top of the natural disaster news.

Gawd, life is getting depressing.

J thinks that the world is close to exploding in its own face, and I must say I have to agree.

[I know I've effed up the beginning of the post but bear with me.]

Putting aside monetary woes that plague everyday people like you and me, we have to deal with inconsiderate jackasses on a daily basis. Which of course brings us to the focus of this post - which I'm proud to present - Things that Piss Me Off: Part 1.

  1. Inconsiderate drivers who won’t stop for pedestrians to finish crossing the road even though said pedestrians are elderly and they can’t help it if they walk slow.

  2. Inconsiderate passengers on trains and buses who pretend to sleep, read newspapers with their arms stretched across your face or not hear you when you’re trying to make them give up the seats for people who need them. Like the poor maid who carries a toddler with special needs on her arm every morning as they make their way to her school. Or the prego lady who looks miserable in the packed train because her belly looks awfully heavy and uncomfortable and it is really stuffy in the carriage.

  3. Inconsiderate people who ‘book’ tables at food courts with packets of tissue papers. Why can’t 1 person sit and wait while the rest order for him/her? What’s the deal?



  4. Inconsiderate people who press ‘close’ in a perfectly empty lift even though they see the other poor souls running towards the lift.

  5. Inconsiderate people who do not give way to people in wheelchairs or parents pushing prams.

  6. Inconsiderate asswipes who jump queue while you’ve been patiently stuck in traffic for the past 40 minutes. They go on the road shoulder and effin’ expect you to let them in the lane. Queue up, jackasses. Everyone has been queuing and I may or may not have been dying of hunger or the urgent need to pee. What makes you think I’ll let you in my lane?




  7. And of course, inconsiderate jerk-offs who do not indicate when changing lanes. They don’t give a flying f*ck if your car is next to theirs because they expect you to know they are changing lanes in the next 0.5 seconds. Absolute f*ckers.

The list goes on and on. I get irritated by little things like these, and J sees it. We call it my “immense hatred for mankind” moment and I need a flamethrower for situations like these.



Do I have a rage issue? Maybe. Do they deserve it? Abso-f*cking-lutely.


2 comments:

Sleepy Scott said...

I must admit to getting road rage now and again too. When will they invent teleportation?

Rach said...

teleportation would be cool. what if 2 person teleport to the same spot at the same time?

thanks for reading!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...