Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Lloyd (from Dumb and Dumber) at work.

I am mentally shut off from work.

A client representative of my client whom I regarded as a friend, let's name him Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber, passed an insulting remark at work when I refused to bypass SOPs and policies to 'do him a favour'.

-- Classic dumbery.


[He's not even Harry. At least Harry was good natured and had a dog car, which was hilarious. Lloyd got Harry with a huge bottle of Turbo Lax. So much for best friends.]




After much grovelling and slowly realising that I wasn't about to budge, the insults came. Apparently I was 'playing games with him' and 'if I wanted to do everything by the book, so could he'.

I am still very offended by the remark. I helped him in the past on paperwork, technical analysis and providing recommendations when it was his job because he is the consultant. I helped him out of goodwill. And when I stood my ground and refused to 'do him another favour', the remarks came flying. I feel mocked.

Lloyd called again on Monday, this time asking if I would 'do him a favour' if he writes me a compliment letter in return. I felt so insulted and he just humiliated himself. I'm not a dog who would do tricks for a reward. That is not the point of why I rejected his request in the first place! What is the point of having standard operating procedures in the first place if no one is going to follow them?




I am not sure if I am behaving like a child, but seeing his name in my inbox incenses me. I have since diverted non-important work calls and emails from Lloyd to other team mates. Unless it's absolutely critical, I simply refuse to have anything to do with him.



2 comments:

Sleepy Scott said...

I agree. If someone else can work with him, that would be best.

Rach said...

I guess delegation beats rage blackouts in the office. Thanks for the support.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...