Thursday, August 28, 2008

Firefox 3 is not my friend so far.

This is too cool.

Satellite image from Google Maps

A crop circle after you. That's more than awesome. It is at 45°7′25.68″N, 123°6′49.68″W. Check it out on Google Maps.

Download your Firefox 3 today.

Despite my love for Firefox even though Firefox 2 saps say, at least 120MB of precious memory every time I use it, I'm not sure about Firefox 3.

I've upgraded to Firefox 3 because the stupid prompt popping up every day at the most inopportune moment. I'm not sure if this STUPID memory hogging issue is resolved because it still reads 129MB when I check.

-- This is evidence, Firefox folks. Please don't deny it.


This is Day 2 of Firefox 3 and I can't stand the predictive function at the address bar. This is NOT a feature I want! The address bar expands into a list every time I type www to 'predict' which of my most recently visited sites I want to go to.

Say I want to check out work websites when my team leader Cylon, sits next to me with his face to the monitor. Right after I type in www. the list expands to
www.blogger.com
www.facebook.com
www.perezhilton.com
www.msn.com
www.whatireadwheniskive.com



What the eff, people?!


I'm still not sure about Cylon. He could be smiling at me while he gives me a scathing and damaging performance review. F8ck no, I'm not going to let this happen.


Update:
So I Googled around for solutions. Do this:
Type about:config at the address bar
Scroll and look for browser.urlbar.matchOnlyTyped
Double click it to set it to TRUE.

It worked for me.

This is NOT a good feature MOZILLA PEOPLE! Don't make users go to about:config. Make it a setting in Options.

FIX IT!!!




Links:
Firefox entry - Wikipedia
Where to get Firefox - here
Google Maps - where to get it.
How to save yourself from displaying embarassing sites - Help is here.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...