Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Why I think James Blunt's "You're Beautiful" won't work in real life

I have always thought that James Blunt's "You're Beautiful" is one of the freakiest songs I've heard on mainstream radio. Despite the (borderline) delusional undertone, this song actually made it to Billboard Hot 100 number one single. Hmm.


My life is brilliant.
My love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
She smiled at me on the subway.
She was with another man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.

  1. He sees this girl on the subway and IMMEDIATELY concludes he's in love with her because she's beautiful. He must either be really really shallow, or a capricious man who has a change of heart every time a pretty lady walks past.

  2. Puuuhleeaaaaaze it CAN'T be pure love.

  3. Dude, I cannot stress this enough. You do not make a pass at a girl or assume that she needs you to rescue her from the "guy friend" next to her and the 2 of you will march happily ever after into the sunset after alighting from the subway because she smiles at you. You will get punched. She could be smiling because you have dribbled ice cream down your shirt, or you're just a funny looking person.


  4. You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
    You're beautiful, it's true.
    I saw your face in a crowded place,
    And I don't know what to do,
    'Cause I'll never be with you.

  5. Yeah right you'll never be with her. So stop singing about her beauty. And to think a smile on the subway can spark off a somewhat repetitive ballad... sheesh.


  6. Yeah, she caught my eye,
    As I walked on by.
    She could see from my face that I was,
    Flying high, (radio edited version)/ Fucking high, (uncensored version)
    And I don't think that
    I'll see her again,
    But we shared a moment that
    will last till the end.


  7. Dude he's a perv. He got high when he walked past her? If a woman sees a guy with a high face when he walks past her, he will get maced or sued for sexual harassment.

  8. A moment? A friggin moment!??! He must be high on something herbal, at least.


You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful it's true
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I don't know what to do,
cause I will never be with you.

(La-la-la-la, La-la-la-la, La-la-la-la, Laaah)

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
There must be an angel with
a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I
should be with you.
But it's time to face the truth,
I will never be with you.


I like this version best.



I don't know. I'm female. If a guy thinks that even angels thought he should be with me after we cross paths in a subway, I will avoid him. Like plague. Just like how anyone would avoid the social pariah from (another) school who called your house at least 4 times daily for 3 years and then later moved to the same boarding school when you went to high school.

EEEK!!! Stay away you bloody stalker!

I'm just saying.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...