Wednesday, October 08, 2008

An escape to Hanoi - In the making.

Despite work being a magnificent b*tch that feeds on my vital (<-- LOL!) life energies, I have no choice but to keep plodding on because it pays the bills. Cest la vie.

But sometimes, it all comes to a head and you just go "that's it. I'm done." Monday was one of those days.

Call it red tape or security policy, my job requires me to verify all kinds of approval and authorization before I proceed. This is after all a government agency and we are accountable for every single thing. I am accountable for every little friggin' thing. I chose not to bend the rules for Indian B*tch because funds were involved. Funds being taxpayers' money.

-- Is that a gift?

She basically emailed my clients and bosses about how 'inefficient' I am, stating in the email she had reminded me time after time to proceed without approval. Of course my spineless management chose not to defend me because "the customer, no matter how unreasonable, is always right."

After being backstabbed by Indian Bitch first thing on Monday morning, I have given up on work and hell bound on taking a week off from work to go on vacation.

I want to go to Hanoi, Vietnam.

I plan to live like a friggin queen.

-- Sofitel Metropole, you shall be my humble home.


Sip alcoholic drinks in the afternoon by the pool.

-- Hello Mojitos!


Enjoy the sights of Ha Long Bay on a junk boat.




Move to another kick ass hotel just because I can.

-- Intercontinental Hanoi Westlake. Looks absolutely fab!


All I need now is a Visa card, electronic leave application, and J's passport to get him a tourist visa.

Let's see if I can make it Hanoi October 2008!


Links:
TripAdvisor - always reliable
Sofitel Metropole Hanoi - Official website
Intercontinental Hanoi Westlake - Official website
Ha Long Bay - Wikipedia entry


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...