Friday, February 20, 2009

All the LOVE in the world.

I love the sculpture LOVE by Robert Indiana.



I am no art aficionado and I don't really know what inspired Robert to make this. I just thought it's simple and to the point. Love is here.

In a big city.
Spelt out in giant letters that you can't miss.


I've driven past the installation countless times. There are people waiting for someone near it, perhaps it being the most recognizable landmark in that area helps. The thought of someone waiting for another, perhaps a loved one, seems particularly heartwarming and sweet.

I've told J that ever since I was a teenager, I had aspire to visit every LOVE sculpture in the world. It still sounds like a perfect travel itinerary to me.



You know what would be great? To see all the LOVE in the world with J.

I guess despite all cynical thoughts, I'm just a big ol' romantic softie.


Link:
Love sculpture - Wikipedia

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...