Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Influenza A and travel plans do not go well together.

My workplace has kind of gone into bio warfare preparedness mode.

As the Influenza A H1N1 virus makes its round around the globe, some checks have been put in place.

We were issued personal thermometers yesterday and we have to record our temperature twice a day, initialized. All visitors have to go through a temperature check and health declaration before entering the building, performed by men in blue plastic medical gowns. And all travel history for the past 7 days have to be submitted weekly.



Wow.

The virus hasn't reached the island yet but perhaps SARS has left everyone pretty shaken up. I wasn't here when SARS struck. I was in Sydney and life went on as usual.

Speaking of which, mom is advising against my upcoming pilgrimage to Gold Coast. I am bummed out. I want to sit on the beach and enjoy the sun and sea breeze! I am so looking forward to go sailing! Most of all, I want to get out of the office (just kidding) this will be a perfect vacation for J and I to visit his family.



I don't want to think about cancelling my Aussie trip. It's the only thing that keeps me going at work. It's the light at the end of the tunnel! Mopes.


Links:
WHO Influenza A update - Official website


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...