Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Chic khakis actually don't exist.

I went to Gap yesterday.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw the giant Gap CDFA Vena Cava poster all over the display window.

I felt hope.

My eyes gazed upon the beautiful khaki and black dresses Vena (Are we on first name basis? Let's not dwell so much. Moving on.) created for Gap.

My hands touched the dresses.

I felt despair.

For some reason, the dresses look beautiful on the photo. I imagined luxe fabric, perhaps silk printed with Vena's design. I touched what felt like the rough side of a sponge.

Even dresses in Forever21 feel better.

The zip dress looks best (among the khaki collection ("best among the worst" scenario)) in real life but the tailoring... sigh. It looks like trained blind monkeys took over the factory and tried their best.

Design? Good on printed material.
Tailoring? As disappointing as mass produced clothes can get.

I am not going to step into Gap anymore. Thanks for crushing my hopes and dreams, Gap.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...