Friday, June 05, 2009

Confession of a procrastinator - Part Save The Date.

I have a confession to make.

My Save The Date cards are still sitting on my table.

I know I know it's 5 months till the big day and being a destination wedding (for some of our guests) we should let them know the dates so they can make travel arrangements.



Flight of Love. (Rachel TM)

But I can do so much more on the cards before I mail them! Add stickers, labels, jazz it up and wow our overseas friends with my inner Martha Stewart. And I used my best handwriting on all the addresses. I can't bear to part with them now.

Plus by informing them now, it sends the word out and buys me a wee bit more time to decide on the invitations.

I'm still undecided.

Should I DIY 50 cards because it's an insanely small number to print and printers usually require a minimum of 100.

The local printers do not do letterpress. Major bummer because I'm so in love with them. Check out Mika78.


Swoooooooooooooooon

Wouldn't anyone look forward to the wedding if they receive beautiful cards in the mail?

If local printers are going to print it using laser printers and charge me $4/card and upwards, I might as well do it on my own.

Pros:
Affordable
Personal touch
Unique

Cons:
Time consuming. Big time.
Hard to find images.
Layout. Microsoft Word places the words wrong.
Fonts. Don't get me started on all the fonts I've installed.
Paper weight.

Some printers are unable to take paper of heavier stock. I'm not about to send the office printer to printer heaven but I'm not sending tissue thin invitations! The weight of the stationery gives it luxe. I don't think I can compromise on that.

Bah I can go on and on. Help me!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...