Friday, June 05, 2009

How much is too much for flowers.

I'm not sure how many brides to be read this site, but I'll just ask anyway.

How much is too much to pay for flowers?

I've been to a good florist (says floral designer on the business card) and he gave me a quote of $4500-6000. This figure still jolts me out of my seat after a good 3 months.


loooooooooove.


My Wizard friend from NYC told me that his friend paid $4000. And most likely I'm not going to get a price lower than that if I get what I want.

[And I've been known to pick pricey things. And the florists I've interviewed all paused when I mentioned hydrangeas etc.]


molto looooooooooooooove.

[Seriously I did not ask him anything on flowers. I am currently working on getting a florist and bam! He just brings this up out of the blue. Talk about timing.]

So my question, how much is too much to pay? Should I forgo beautiful blooms and arrangements and learn to live with mediocrity? Or should I just close my eyes and hand over the clams?




2 comments:

Bonnie- amour amour said...

Oh wow! That is a lotta $$! What do you get for $4K?

Rach said...

Hi Bonnie, thanks for dropping by!

I get 11 centerpieces, boutonnieres and corsages for the parents and grandmothers, bouquets for bride and bridesmaids and outdoor decoration.

It sounds like they are doing all the flowers but I'm sure there's a catch somewhere or I've overlooked something.

$4k is just out of my budget, I'm afraid. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...