Friday, June 12, 2009

Steamed veggies and name calling.

After a very long and tiring day, I went home and slumped against the kitchen chair. I wanted something homely and easy for dinner.

There was no way I was going to make something difficult. All that defrosting and marinating and washing up. The thought of it filled me with dread.

I had dumplings and steamed veggies. All done in about 10 minutes.



I learnt how to make steamed veggies from J's dad. It's still weird for me because I still can't call him by his name. In my family, we don't EVER address our parents or anyone older than us by name. It's just... not done.

And he is still J's dad. The whole father-in-law thing is still too overwhelming for me to acknowledge. I'm at the "my brother is half yours now" stage.

Progress!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...