Saturday, December 19, 2009

Cities of hope and dreams.

Jay Z & Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind


in New York, concrete jungle where dreams are made of,
Theres nothing you can’t do,
Now you’re in New York,
These streets will make you feel brand new,
The lights will inspire you,
Lets here it for New York, New York, New York


After watching the video, I can't help but ask what would I become if I had taken my pick of NYU. Then again, the exchange rate was sky high. Defenceless on my own without a trust fund (NYC is expensive). I would have been there during 9/11. My parents would be so worried. And my dear friend moved back to NJ because it was too stressful to live and make it in the world of NYC.

Then again, that's not saying that I wouldn't want to give it a shot if an opportunity presents itself.

There are very few cities in the world that earn the undying love of their dwellers. There's something mesmerizing about them and you wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

I believe there are a few places in the world where you feel like you can achieve something. You could be an aspiring graffiti artist or fashion designer or you are the most amazing chef waiting to be discovered. You could be whatever you want to be.

Sydney is one of the places I feel this way. I felt... hopeful. I could be someone. I could achieve something.

I wish I could feel that way again.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...