- Reading my Dan Brown book. I got to maybe page 6 and I had to put it down. My eyes were tired and the words were swirling.
- Cleaning the house like Martha Stewart. This is not supposed to be that high on the list, because I should be doing things for ME, not for errr everyone.
- Cleaning my jewellery and putting them in the pretty jewelry box J got me for Christmas. The jewelry box is still in the gift box with the ribbon. Believe it.
- Swimming. I hate my flabby thighs.
- Reading my InStyle magazine. I didn't just spend $12 just to let the magazine collect dust like all my other mags from, errr let's see, last October (because I was too busy preparing for my wedding).
I used to be crazy about reading. I would get a book, plopped myself on a comfy seat and I wouldn't budge till I finished the book at one go. Mom used to nag at me because she said I wasn't maxing out my storybooks. I read a book a day, read each book once and I would run out. We didn't have money when I was little, so it was hard for mom to buy us books, especially when we went through them so quickly.
Now I have so many unfinished books sitting at home, and these are the 3 I can remember.
- The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
- The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
- The Extreme Future: The Top Trends That Will Reshape the World in the Next 20 Years by James Canton
- all the other books J bought.
And I want to read Stieg Larsson!
But I know myself better than to get the trilogy. By the time I finish those books, the movie will be out on DVD special director's cut with extended scenes platinum edition. I will take THAT long.
How do I get my energy and focus back? Any advice?