Thursday, April 14, 2011

Junior Masterchef makes me feel inadequate.

I feel like crap every time I watch Junior Masterchef Australia.



There I was, eating Campbell's minestrone soup + leftover chunks from Simon and Garfunkel soup + weird garlic bread while a 9 year old whipped up

Pheasant a la Orange with Pistachio and Cranberry Filling



Out of thin air.

Oh and the rest of the young contestants (all under 13) cooked other pheasant dishes while throwing words like boudin, dauphinoise, and la gout de la mer.

And on 1 episode, the kids had to taste this dish and replicate it.

Poached Pears in Spiced Cranberry Syrup, Vanilla Mascarpone and Tuille



It's horrible. I don't understand what the dishes are and I can't cook to save my life, but I can't not watch the show. Even though I feel anger, jealousy and hunger all at once.

God I wanna cry when I watch the show.

Link:
Pheasant a la Orange with Pistachio and Cranberry Filling - Recipe
Poached Pears in Spiced Cranberry Syrup, Vanilla Mascarpone and Tuille - Recipe
The Soup Spoon - website


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...