Thursday, April 28, 2011

My mind is racing.

Sometimes I feel like I've got a zillion things going on in my head. My life, my work, family, friends, am I doing this right, what's going on, oh this is making me so angry etc.

Et cetera. Et cetera, indeed.

My mind seems to racing all the time and I feel like I'm losing control.

Thing is, I can't seem to put them down in words anymore. I just logged in, and when my fingers touched the keyboard, everything seemed out of focus. What did I want to write again, I thought.

I must be going mad, or growing old. Most likely, both.

I've heard quite a few promotional snippets for the movie Limitless on the radio. And I thought about Flowers for Algernon immediately. It has remained one of the rare books I love and would love to read over and over again.



One pill. Unlimited human potential. Price to pay.

That about sums it up for both the book and the movie I guess.



It made me wonder if one day, this little space would be a telling story about my life and demise. Very grim thought for a Friday, but I guess that's what copius amount of coffee and phenylephrine do to me. The inability to focus, and being all meta about everything that's going on.

I am not making any sense and I blame it on the pills.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...