Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Return of Gossip Girl.

Gossip Girl returns tomorrow evening and I simply can't wait.

The hiatus has made every single week, nay, day boring, frustratingly uneventful. There is simply no escape from the daily drone when J is not home. I have even turned to gardening, which has yet to take a disastrous turn.


[I don't know how I feel about a fully grown adult (meh) who is so into Gossip Girl.]

Anyway I have been watching the last few Gossip Girl episodes just to get up to speed with the trials and tribulations on the Upper East Side. I must reiterate, I am simply not a Dair fan.

This is a travesty. The writers just decided that everyone should just sleep with everyone in their tiny circle of friends, and now the pairing had come to Blair and Dan. This can never be. Never.



It is true perhaps in another universe, this pairing may work. Blair and Dan are easily the smartest characters in their tiny circle. Serena can barely read without jumping her teacher. Nate is a pretty boy. Chuck is a brilliant schemer. So Blair can only go with Chuck, since Dan is judgmental, petty and an intellectual snob.

And we all know that there can only be one judgmental intellectual snob in any coupling.

While I am not a fan of Dan, Chuck has let Blair (and us) down too many times to gain my unwavering support. He traded her for his hotel. He slept with a goth troll. He was rapey in at least a few episodes. He only wanted Blair back when his fling with whats-her-face didn't get him Bass Industries because "only Blair understands".

-- Drinking always helps

OMG. Chuck only wants Blair because he knows deep down, Blair works. Not because he comes to his senses and wants her back for love and ponies. He was spurned by the loss of Bass Industries and his quest for a comeback. Chuck has done nothing to prove that he deserves Blair.

Come tomorrow, the story will continue to unfold. Prince Grimaldi is back in the mix. Perhaps I'm catching the fairytale fever, but I'm actually glad that Blair is getting the fairytale she so deserves.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...