Monday, May 16, 2011

Marmalade Pantry and my disappointment.

Had a quick dinner at Marmalade Pantry last night with San and I must say I was a little disappointed.

I had been toying with the idea of going there for brunch or dinner since it opened. J and I had been to their previous outlet at Holland Village and we enjoyed the food.


-- My iced tea

I had the Battered Cod garnished with Mushy Peas and Bacon Gribiche and it was average, and perhaps a little short of what I remembered from Marmalade Pantry Holland Village. The batter was just.. normal.


-- I googled the photo. The food arrived and I was so underwhelmed that I couldn't be bothered to take a photo.

For $26 (I can't remember the exact price), you would think that the portion would be more satisfying. The side of mushy peas were about 1 tablespoonful. I don't know. There was nothing on the plate which made me jump for joy and feel that the effort I took to get out of the house in this horrible oven of a weather was worth every bite.

Nope. Not at all.

San's tagliatelle looked delicious, so I guess it was just my choice which was a little disappointing. I guess I won't be going back again.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...