Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Temptation: Chanel Illusion D'Ombre eyeshadows.

I'm obsessed with Chanel Illusion D'Ombre. I saw this poster during one of my mall trips and I was in love. So soft and so beautifully made up.


The range was designed by Peter Philips for Chanel Fall 2011
and you can see where the colors and inspiration come from!

Dark, metallic and almost industrial space colors. It's amazing how colors from such a harsh environment can translate to this soft and beautiful range.


I had the great opportunity of attending a Chanel masterclass 2 weekends ago, thanks to my purchase of Bel Respiro. I got to try the new Chanel Ultra Correction Lift range and since it was a one time trial, I'm still unsure if the products suit me. I have extremely sensitive skin and I break out to the slightest irritation. I'm still combating the disaster that was Biore Cleansing Oil and I wasn't really about to slather something new and "see if they work". Anyway more on the masterclass later.

And of course we got to try Chanel makeup! Love the Chanel Illusion D'Ombre eyeshadow. I tried it in Epatant, well the makeup assistant did since I am absolutely hopeless at eye makeup application. It's very pretty. I'd wear it everyday, lightly of course, just for a little twist in my makeup to put a spring in my step.
It feels like a mousse-powder thingy and a little goes a long way. Just a gentle dab will be enough to give the eyelids a light shimmer and color. That's just me, since I'm not an advocate of heavy daytime makeup. I work in a corporate environment and heavy makeup is a big no-no.

They are $53 a pot and I'm pretty tempted to get one! How can such a small pot be so expensive? I guess since a little goes a long way, the little pot will actually last forever. Hmmm decisions, decisions.

There are 6 colors to choose from.

The Chanel assistant recommended Emerville for everyday look. I can't wait to try it at the makeup counter!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...