Monday, November 14, 2011

Festive, the blues and the Dubs.

I wonder, how can someone feel festive and blue at the same time. All the Christmas decorations being put up all around the city makes me swoon. But my insides (feelings, heart, guts etc.) invariably get heavier as I approach my office.

I've obviously quit my previous job at The Firm (henceforth known as Dotted) to join its competitor The Firm 2 (Dubs). It's not all a bed of roses as one might think, since people move on to greener pastures.

I've had a relatively uneventful first week and my 6th day today was just a flurry of emails. Assigned to a new client which the current team has been working on for weeks, I am to complete a few items even though I'm still very lost at using the inhouse filing system.

And who still uses Win XP nowadays!? I miss my Win 7 and Office 2010 ribbons. :((

Guess I should stop moaning and settle in right away!

P.s. it took me the entire afternoon just to string bits and pieces of thoughts together for this post. Mostly because I struggled with Firm No. 2's software the whole day just for 1 client. Guess that's time well spent.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...