Friday, July 20, 2012

I don't understand the words that are coming out of your mouth.

I can sadly say I am having difficulty talking to young people. *cries*

Young people. Youth. People born after 2000. I can understand what they are saying, and yet I don't. The words are going in but they mean jack. I don't think I can ever relate to them.

Case 1 - 16 year old

Her: I don't want to focus on studies because I want to be a dancer.
Me: Well, you should try and do well so it could be a backup plan to your dancing.
Her: If I have a backup plan, it means I don't believe I'll succeed as a dancer.

Seriously?

Case 2 - 22 year old

Her: zomg I'm given, like, so much work. Banking, hospitality and manufacturing industries. Like zomggg gg for me.
Me: *rolls eyes*
Her: Zomg I don't want to be the favoured one! Too much attention on me. *pouts* Let's have a ukelele jam after work.
Me: *thinking of putting a gun to my brains*

Perhaps it's age or the general jadedness that comes with all the years I've spent working, I find it difficult to relate to this generation. I studied so I could get into gaming and CGI, and all it got me was a job in IT consultancy. So I can tell them from first hand experience things don't always work out the way you want them to. Cest la vie. You always need a plan B so that one day, you have all the freedom to pursue your plan A. 


Now the hard part is dealing with the passive aggressive backhanded self promoting sh*te. Why would someone complain about "I don't want to be the favoured one and there's too much attention on me", when the person is doing exactly the same thing to self promote and draw more attention than before? So much fake. The hypocrisy is strong in this one.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...