Sunday, June 02, 2013

I am going back to Sydney.

It's been 7 years since I graduated from uni. So, 7 years since I went back to the city which graciously homed me for 4 years, and opened my eyes to new things. Good lord has it been that long?

I've been back to Australia during these 7 years, mainly to the Gold Coast to see J's folks. But Gold Coast is not Sydney.




I miss waiting for the ferry at Circular Quay, climbing the steps of the Opera House, strolling from Coogee Beach to Bondi Beach with Jojo, wolfing down piping hot scallop dumplings in the bustling Marigold restaurant in Chinatown.

-- Good spot for our retirement home?

Oh, and crossing the Harbour Bridge to North Sydney, taking the train to Chatswood, getting lost on my way to the Easter Show and wandering the cobbled streets of The Rocks. Any maybe that one time when Ronny drove me to Woolloomooloo at some godforsaken hour for Harry's pies.

-- More mashed peas please.

I will only be back for a week, but I'm pretty damn determined to visit all my fave spots and repeat all my shenanigans with J in tow. Counting down. 12 days to go.

Yippee!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...